Dear Prof. Rehman,
Brief: Response to Call for Submission to The Reports of the Special Rapporteur on the Recent Events in the Islamic Republic of Iran related to Protests against Mandatory Hijab in 2022-23
Please find enclosed response by ArcDH to your Call for Submission, which we heard about it verbally when you kindly attended our side event in Geneva on 23 March 2023.
Our response is in the form of a report (hereafter, the Report), all in relation to minority nations in Iran with a focus on the nation of Azerbaijan in Azerbaijani provinces in northwest Iran. The Report is in three sections:
- Section 1: Executive Summary.
- Section 2: Extracting key elements of the acts of the Iranian authorities.
- Section 3: Detailed accounts of the individuals arrested, detained or prosecuted by the Iranian authorities in Azerbaijani provinces and ethnic Azerbaijanis in Iran.
We wish to draw your attention to the followings:
- We wish to emphasise that there is still critical cases for you to focus on the cases of Dr Qara-Hasanlu, Dr Qara-Hasanlu and Mr. Sahande Nur-Mohammadzade, see Section 3.1.
- We would be pleased to receive your calls for any input through email in order to make our reports responding specifically to your call for submission. As you can see now, we had to suffice to generic features.
We thank you in advance for your care and will be pleased to respond for any further information you may request.
Mrs. Jaleh Tabrizi
For and on behalf of ArcDH